Howard Salkow's listing
$1,200.00 - maximum of 20 participants (neg)
Understanding the Media
Whether we like it or not, the media play an integral part of our daily lives. Primarily, their role is to tell us what is news, what is of interest and what is relevant.
But it's not always the case, especially if your organization is involved in a crisis and after failing to manage the crisis, you find that you are subjected to negative press.
Media training provides you with an understanding of the media, how to respond to their questions, why it's ill-advised to say "no comment", and why it's important not to give the media anything "off the record".
Howard Salkow, the President of Bradwick Communications, offers four-hour sessions which involves:
- an introduction to the media
- how to respond to the media
- how to write a media statement or media release
- how to respond to a crisis
- role play where you get to learn what it's like to be on both sides: the reporter and the company spokesperson under pressure.
Bradwick Communications offers extremely affordable rates - cheaper than most PR consultancies - and our fee is negotiable based on the venue.
You will leave with a handbook outlining what you've learned as well as the steps to follow in a crisis.
It will be well worth your time.